Do you need money for college?

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by clicking on the banner above or going to  If you need a paper FAFSA, you can get a PDF version from the FAFSA website at , or from the ED Pubs website, or from the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243.

Federal student aid comes from the federal government - specifically, the U>S> Department Of Education.  The money is available to expenses at a postsecondary school (e.g. college, career school, graduate school).

Federal student aid covers such expenses as tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation.  Aid can also help pay for a computer and for dependent care.  For more information, check out the Federal Student Aid website at

For more information, contact:

Kristie Kirkpatrick at 509-397-4366

For a complete list of events and programs happening in all fourteen Whitman County Library branches, visit the Whitman County Library website or the library's events calendar or call the library at 397-4366 or 877-733-3375 toll-free.